American Lake Veterans Golf Course Homepage
The American Lake Golf Course is a nine hole golf course with front nine/back nine Tee-Boxes - (Par 35+36=71), operated and maintained by an all volunteer force consisting of grounds crews, maintenance personnel, operations folks, and management personnel. The course is not supported by government funds. Operating and capital costs are paid with annual pass and daily green fee revenues.
The American Lake Veterans Golf Course is dedicated to providing, teaching and promoting the benefits of golf to veterans. VA Puget Sound Health Care System has a population of in-patient and outpatient veterans that have disabilities. The American Lake Veterans Golf Course is committed to providing a therapeutic environment where accommodation is welcome and all golfers can enjoy the benefits of golf, such as exercise and relaxation in a positive and accepting social environment. With these benefits it is our vision that through golf, veterans will increase their independence and improve their attitudes toward health and Thus, their lives will be enriched.
Who is authorized to play at the American Lake Golf Course?
- Hospital in-patients and their guests have first priority on the course.
- Persons in possession of a Veterans Universal Access Identification Card and their guests are authorized access to the course.
- With proper identification, all VA employees and retired VA employees and their guest may use the course.
- VA volunteers with proper identification and their guests are authorized to play on the course.
- Active duty and retired military with military ID cards and their guests may play on the course.
- Guests 7 years of age and older when accompanied by their sponsors are allowed to play. Three guests are allowed for each authorized player and must be accompanied by their sponsor while on the course.
Golf Course Hours of Operation
The course hours of operation vary with the season. Our current operating hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The course is open seven days a week except during the the last two weeks of December. Tee times are not required, first come, first serve. The driving range is closed Sundays and Thursdays an hour and a half before close of business for ball pickup. No tokens will be sold two hours before close of business.
SPRING (Daylight savings time begins)
- Second MONDAY in March (03/12/2012) - last SUNDAY in April (04/29/2012) 8 AM - 6 PM
- Last MONDAY in April (04/30/2012) - third SUNDAY in August (08/26/2012) 8 AM - 8 PM
- Third MONDAY in August (08/27/2012) - first SUNDAY in November (11/04/2012) 8 AM - 6 PM
WINTER(Daylight savings time ends)
- First MONDAY in November (11/05/2012) - Second SUNDAY in March (03/10/2012) 8 AM - 4 PM
"When using these facilities, all golfers are expected to wear appropriate golfing attire that demonstrates respect for their fellow members, the golf course and the game. For men and women, no tank tops, halter tops or swim wear are allowed; shoes and shirts must be worn at all times."
- Tee shirts are permissible, however they must be of sufficient length to cover the belt line.
- Shoes with soft spikes or shoes with metal spikes are allowed. High-heel shoes, western boots, or any footwear that may damage the greens are not allowed on the course. Tennis shoes are allowed.
- Players and non-players are not allowed to remove clothing to expose their upper bodies. Shirts must be worn at all times while on the course.
Note: American Lake Veterans Golf Course officials reserve the right to deny play to anyone not in compliance with the standards of the dress code, good taste, and appropriate golf attire.
Page current as of 11/10/2012
Back to Top